Town Clerk/Tax Collector/Registrar
607-699-9770 ext 1
Tax Bills can be dropped in drop box at town hall or paid online at Nytaxglance.com.
Dog Licenses can be renewed online as long a rabies vaccine is up to date. See Quickpay.com
To reserve the Community Room 8, at the Town Hall 139 Roki Blvd Nichols NY 13812, please email the Town Clerk, Marcy Hill at email@example.com
Birth/Death/Marriage Records - General information
Genealogical searches are preformed by Town Clerk staff members ONLY. Records are not available for public inspection
Birth Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reasons if requested by someone other than the person or parents named on the certificate. Legal guardians not named on the certificate must provide court certified legal guardian papers. Birth had to happen in the Town of Nichols for the Town Clerk's Office to have record of it.
Death Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reasons if requested by someone other than the parent, spouse, or child of deceased. Death had to have happened in the Town of Nichols for the Town Clerk's Office to have record of it.
Marriage Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reason if requested by someone other than the bride or groom.
Information found as a result of a genealogical search is available after the following timetable:
- Birth - 75 years after person is suspected of being deceased.
- Death - 50 years after person is known to be deceased.
- Marriage - 50 years after both bride and groom are believed to be deceased.
Searches are preformed as time allows and is dependent upon what information is provided at the time of the request. Searches covering time spans of five or more years require more time.
No verification will be given over the phone or in person without adequate proof of identity and the necessity of access to the record.
Written requests must be notarized and accompanied with copy of photo identification. Use this form to request a Certified Transcript. Vital records are not subject to the NYS Freedom of Information Law.
Getting hitched without a hitch!
Guidelines for applying for a marriage license:
- License fee is $40.00 payable by cash, credit/debit card or check.
- Both Bride and Groom need to be present at the time of application.
- Photo driver's license or non-driver's license is needed for proof of identity and Social Security card. Passports issued after 9/11/2001 may be used if a driver's or non-driver's identification is not available.
- Certified Long Form Birth Certificate for proof of birth name.
- If this is not your first marriage for either applicant, Certified Divorce Decrees for each and every previous marriage must be provided. The date(s), city and state of decree and which the party filed for the divorce is recorded on the new application. If the marriage ended in the death of a spouse, a Certified Death Certificate is required.
- Must 18 years of age or have parental consent, Both parents must be present to sign consent forms or one parent with documentation showing sole custody, or Death Certificate of a deceased parent or legal documentation of abandonment.
- Once the license is purchased, there is a 24-hour waiting period before the license can be used.
- The license is valid for only 60 days.
- Your license is filed with the Town where you purchased and not where the marriage occurs.
- You may apply for your license at any Town or City Clerk in New York State. With the exception of New York City, if you are getting married in NYC you must get your marriage license there.
Town and State Law requires that all dogs have current rabies vaccination and be licensed in the town they reside in. All dogs within the Town and Village of Nichols that are 4 months or older, unless otherwise exempted, shall be licensed. No license shall be required for any dog under the age of 4 months. Each license shall be valid for the period of one year.
To License your dog in the Town of Nichols you will need to bring:
- Proof of current Rabies Vaccination is required for the original license and each time the license is renewed if the vaccination expires within thirty days of issuing the license.
- Spay/Neutering Certificates must be furnished in order to obtain the reduced license fee.
- Please update your phone number and/or address anytime a change occurs.
- Please report any change in the dog's status, for example, death, transfer of ownership, change of address etc.
- The first tag you receive when you originally license your dog is their permanent identification number. Lost tags may be replaced anytime at the cost of $5.00.
- Licenses are effective one year from the date of issuance. Licenses cannot be issued in advance.
- Renewals are mailed by the Nichols Town Clerk in the beginning of the month that they are due. You can renew your dog's license online. come into the office in person or mail it to the Town of Nichols Clerk at 139 Roki Blvd Nichols NY 13812.
As of October 1, 2022 the scheduled dog fees will be as follows:
Residents can now renew their dog's licenses online, as long as their rabies vaccination is up to date, via Credit/Debit Card or E-check. There is a nominal service fee for the convenience. Follow the link below to get started. Quickpay.com
Need to see your current 2022 Town and County taxes?
Use Nytaxglance.com if you want to, pay your 2023 taxes online!